Inventory Unit Detail
2016 Harley-Davidson® Street Bob
The mile-eating performance of our Dyna chassis wrapped in no-nonsense, stripped-down, hardcore bobber style.
- The time-honored art of getting rid of everything that doesn’t matter.: The original bobber fanatics invented the style you see here, and they had one rule: if it weighs you down, get rid of it. That’s the Street Bob® motorcycle in spades. Solo seat. Chopped rear fender. Mini-apes putting your fists in the wind. No B.S. All it takes is a twist of the wrist to send whatever the world is trying to weigh you down with to the vanishing point behind you.
- Authentic Styling: The motorcycles in the Dyna family trace their roots to the original Harley-Davidson factory customs. Notice the powerful front ends, chromed steel details and tricked-out wheels. There isn’t an ounce of doubt that you’re
- Iconic Engine: There is something about the steady pulse of power from an air-cooled Twin Cam 103™ engine that works its way into a rider and won’t let go. Once you’ve experienced it you understand. Nothing else in the world of motorized transportation could be as satisfying. There are perfectly rational explanations for this. The lightweight piston design and refined delivery of power. The strong driveline and bulletproof internal parts. The way engine and Six-Speed Cruise Drive transmission work flawlessly together to carry you down the highway at a relaxed, easy-riding rpm. But rational explanations never go far enough. What you feel when the power of this engine pulls you down the road toward the vanishing point is the legacy of the Flathead, Knucklehead, Panhead, Shovelhead, Evolution, Twin Cam 88 and Twin Cam 96 engines that came before. It’s something no ordinary engine can deliver.
- Technology: You don’t see a lot of 21 century technology peeking through the clean old-school lines of the motorcycles in the Dyna family. That’s the point. Once the teams of engineers and industrial designers have finished building the systems that load these motorcycles up with modern function, the job is only half finished. The next step is to find smart ways to integrate it into the design without taking away from the styling cues. Take the anti-lock brakes that are either standard or available as a factory-installed option across the line. It’s one of the top ABS systems out there, and gives you the control you want in a modern motorcycle. But the real beauty is the way we streamlined the look of the hardware.
- Handling: If there’s anything the unruly bunch of riders that gravitate to a Dyna® motorcycle have in common, it’s that they’re not easily satisfied. So we built every bike in the family to bridge the gap between knockout looks and uncompromising open road function. The exceptional stiffness of the chassis makes for sure-footed handling. The brakes and suspension components are top end, and the custom-style wheels roll on premium rubber designed for both durability and grip performance. A Dyna motorcycle is rolling proof that you don’t need a bike that looks like it belongs in a B-grade science fiction movie to burn through a wicked set of curves.
- Comfort: Journey back far enough in the factory custom history of the Dyna family and you get to the machine that started the whole thing off: a Harley-Davidson touring bike. Seriously, and that’s your first clue to the rider comfort that waits for you in the saddle of today’s Dyna motorcycle. That early touring machine featured a new kind of isolation mounting system for the engine. Which led to a series of innovative frame designs. And that brings us to the current Dyna frame and its two-point engine isolation mounting system. It makes sure the power of 103 cubic inches of Twin Cam 103™ engine gets to the pavement. But the vibrations don’t get to the rider. You’ll find the same dogged approach to rider comfort throughout every inch of every bike in the family. Handlebars designed to fight the fatigue of a long day in the wind. Foot pegs and controls that hit your boots exactly where they ought to. The look is hard as nails. That doesn’t mean the ride has to be.
- Fuel Tank Medallions: When it comes to motorcycles, there's one name that people will never mistake for another: Harley-Davidson. The Street Bob® model features cast fuel tank medallions with classic styling that oozes the iconic Harley-Davidson attitude. Consider it your badge of honor bolted on the side of the fuel tank so everyone can see exactly how you roll.
- Mini Ape-Hanger Handlebar: Grab hold of the stainless steel mini ape-hanger handlebar and put your fists way into the wind. The style is pure post-war bobbers, and we keep it clean and minimalist by routing the wires inside the steel. We've rubber-isolated the bars with separate risers and blacked out top triple clamps, so you can ride more comfortably, with less vibration, and can accessorize with less hassle.
- Stop-Turn-Tail Lights: Old-school looks meet new-school engineering. Minimalist chrome retro-style bullet taillights combine functionality to work twice as hard—stop beams and running lights plus turn indicators in two low-profile rear lamps.
- Hard Candy Custom™ Paint: Hard Candy Custom™ paint is a large metal flake finish that’s more than just a paint job, it’s a shining declaration of independence—bright, bold and unique. The Dyna® Street Bob® model is available in Hard Candy Cancun Blue Flake (or, through H-D1™ Factory Customization, in Hard Candy Gold Flake or Hard Candy Black Gold Flake). Recalling the iconic rebel styling of ‘70s custom bikes, Hard Candy Custom™ paint marks another milestone in The Motor Company’s legacy of innovation. We start with several passes of 200 micron flake over a black base, then clear coat it, hand-lay the graphics, and apply the many layers of clear coat to allow the flake to shine through. It’s a painstaking process that delivers a premium custom look straight from the factory, so you can start flying your colors with no waiting or extra effort.
- Blacked Out Console: A big part of the Street Bob® model’s raw look, this blacked-out, gas tank-mounted console delivers minimalist style and big functionality. The full-length console is textured-black and includes an integrated barrel-key ignition switch and LED indicator lights, electronic speedometer with gear/RPM indicator, tach, clock, trip-meter, and engine diagnostics.
- Bobber Powertrain & Air Cover: As part of its back-to-basics street custom style, the Street Bob® model's powertrain was designed along classic, minimal lines. Along with the retro-style air cleaner cover, stamped with The Motor Company Bar and Shield, this gives the engine an authentic old-iron soul and genuine Bobber presence.
- Blacked Out Rims & Large Front Wheel: Raw, gritty and no-nonsense—minimalist, yet premium in every detail—the Street Bob® motorcycle's overall blacked out styling includes black laced steel wheels and stainless steel spokes with an aggressive 19" wheel up front to lead your way out of the mundane. Blacked out like the Harley-Davidson® Twin Cam engine, these wheels make a bold statement and provide a smooth, true ride.
- Black Out Styling: The Street Bob® motorcycle takes the tradition of bare bones street custom forward with its classic, essential bobber style and massive amounts of black finish: gloss black front end triple clamps, textured black console, blacked out powertrain with textured covers. It's an aggressive, unpolished street attitude that pulls no punches and delivers only what you need, nothing you don’t.
- H-D1™ Factory Customization: Make it yours from the start. Now with H-D1™ Factory Customization, your personalized Street Bob® motorcycle is built just for you from the Harley-Davidson factory. It's easy: use the online H-D1™ Bike Builder tool to configure a bike that fits your style and personality. Select from extended paint offerings and genuine H-D engines, wheels, seats, handlebars, footpeg positions and security. Bring your plan to your Harley-Davidson dealer for consultation and to place your order. Our employees go to work, building your motorcycle according to your design, and in about 4 weeks* your masterpiece will be ready for you at your dealer.
- Twin Cam 103™ Engine: The knowledge of what makes an engine truly move a rider runs deep at The Motor Company, and it was put to good use when we created the Twin Cam 103™ engine. We sweated bullets perfecting every cubic inch, pushing design and technology forward. And we did it all without compromising one bit of Harley-Davidson's unique styling. Evolved, yet carrying on the legacy of the Flathead, Knucklehead, Panhead, Shovelhead, Evolution® and Twin Cam 88® and Twin Cam 96® engines that came before. The performance and durability are a direct result of the untold miles logged on the V-Twin since 1909 and the proud heritage that comes from a century's worth of commitment to life on two wheels.
- Twin Cam 103™ Engine Innovation: Fire up the Twin Cam 103™ engine and feel the low-end torque unleashed. Thanks to the lightweight piston design, delivery of the added power is more refined than ever. Then put your foot on the shifter and feel how the engine and Six-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission were designed to work together. Six speeds. A strong driveline and strong internal parts. Low routine maintenance. And a low cruising rpm couldn't feel better.
- Pure Blacked Out Styling: Feast your eyes on the Twin Cam 103™ engine and there’s no mistaking its roots. From the classic edge of the cooling fins to the clean lines of cases and covers, this is authentic Harley-Davidson style through and through with an attention to detail you won’t find from any other motorcycle company. The finish features a blacked-out powertrain, a gloss black battery cover and textured wrinkle-black rockers with highlighted fins. It’s pure, minimal styling that makes an elemental statement about holding to what’s right and staying true to what satisfies.
- Six-Speed Cruise Drive® Transmission: You want a ride that rumbles—not begs for mercy—when you lean on it a little. The Six-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission provides smooth, quiet shifting and reduces engine speed on the highway, so you get a better match between engine turnover and road speed. It's a rare ride when a bike responds like this, and a low growl goes a long way when you're opening up the road ahead.
- Anti-Lock Brakes (Optional): This sophisticated, factory-installed ABS gives 'stopping power' a double meaning. You'll turn heads with clean, streamlined design. But more importantly, you get certainty in the saddle knowing your bike's going to behave when you need it.
- H-D® Smart Security System (Optional): The factory-installed next-generation security system features a hands-free fob that automatically arms and disarms the vehicle's electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike. Stick the fob on your ignition key ring and let it do all the work. It's this attention to detail and security that make Harley-Davidson® motorcycles unique.
- Adjustable Suspension: Easily adjust preload with a spanner wrench to suit your suspension to your riding style. The slammed low rear suspension gives you a more laid-back riding position and style. Low-profile, kicked back for profiling down the boulevard and hugging corners.
- Michelin® Scorcher™ Tires: Michelin® Scorcher™ tires provide the superior performance, sensational grip, impressive durability and excellent handling expected on a race-bred bike. The exclusive deep-cut tread design improves grip and water evacuation capability. Grip performance and durability is also enhanced by the tire's rubber compounds, which use the latest generation of Michelin synthetic polymers.
- Mid-Mount Controls: Let your boots fall where they may, naturally to the mid-mounted controls and rider foot pegs on the Street Bob® model. An easy reach and tight rider triangle is confidence-inspiring for new riders eager to set off on their journey and riders whose legs run slightly shorter than others.
- Length: 94.3 in. (2,395 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 25.5 in. (648 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 26.8 in. (680 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 4.7 in. (120 mm)
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 29
- Trail: 4.7 in. (119 mm)
- Wheelbase: 64.2 in. (1,630 mm)
- Tires, Front Specification: 100/90B19 57H
- Tires, Rear Specification: 160/70B17 73V
- Fuel Capacity: 4.7 gal. (17.8 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 3 qt. (2.8 L)
- Weight, As Shipped: 637 lb. (289 kg)
- Weight, In Running Order: 670 lb. (304 kg)
- Engine: Air-cooled, Twin Cam 103™
- Bore: 3.875 in. (98.4 mm)
- Stroke: 4.375 in. (111.1 mm)
- Displacement: 103.1 cu in. (1,690 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Primary Drive: Chain, 34/46 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 9.311
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 6.454
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 4.793
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th: 3.882
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 3.307
- Gear Ratios (overall) 6th: 2.79
- Exhaust: Chrome, staggered, shorty exhaust with dual tapered mufflers
- Wheels, Front Type: Black Steel Laced
- Wheels, Rear Type: Black Steel Laced
- Brakes, Caliper Type: 4-piston fixed front, and 2-piston torque-free floating rear
- Engine Torque Testing Method: J1349
- Engine Torque: 98.8 ft-lb (134 Nm)
- Engine Torque (rpm): 3,000
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.): 30
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.): 31
- Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy: 43 mpg (5.5 l/100 km)
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High beam, directional light bar, neutral, low oil pressure, engine diagnostics, turn signals, security system (optional), 6-speed, low fuel warnings
- Gauges: Tank-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock on odometer, dual tripmeter, RPM/Gear display, fuel gauge with low fuel warning light and countdown feature, low oil pressure indicator light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights, 6-speed indicator light
- Engine Type
- Twin Cam 103™
- 103.1 cu in. (1,690 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.875 in. (98.4 mm) x 4.375 in. (111.1 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- 4-piston fixed
- Rear Brakes
- 2-piston torque-free floating
- Front Tire
- 100/90B19 57H
- Rear Tire
- 160/70B17 73V
- 64.2 in. (1,630 mm)
- Seat Height
- Laden: 25.5 in. (648 mm); Unladen: 26.8 in. (680 mm)
- 29 deg.
- 4.7 in. (119 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.7 gal. (17.8 L)
- 43 mpg (5.5 l/100 km)
- Dry Weight
- 637 lb. (289 kg)
- Vivid Black