Inventory Unit Detail
2016 Yamaha Zuma 125
Stock Image: Ultramarine Blue
The updated Zuma 125 brings a wealth of upgrades, including new off-road-inspired styling, improved fuel economy, upgraded rear brake and suspension, roomier ergonomics, enhanced storage and even more convenience.
- NEW FOR 2016: The updated Zuma® 125 brings a wealth of upgrades, including new off-road-inspired styling, improved fuel economy, upgraded rear brake and suspension, roomier ergonomics, enhanced storage and even more convenience. The 2016 Zuma 125 is the definitive option in the 125cc class!
- Rugged, Modern Design: Beneath the sleek new styling, the Zuma 125 is built around a strong steel frame with fat, aggressive tires on new cast aluminum wheels, tough suspension front and rear and protective off-road-style brush deflectors and fork tube boots. This scooter boasts capability on roads of all sorts, with plenty of attitude for your daily commute.
- Potent Fuel Injected Engine: Powering the Zuma is a compact 125cc 4-stroke engine with 4 valves, a 10:1 compression ratio, ceramic-composite cylinder liner, and electronic fuel injection—giving this scooter modern reliability and economical performance. With an amazing 103 mpg** and a 1.7-gallon fuel tank, you get plenty of range, too.
- Automatic Convenience: A fully-automatic V-belt transmission and push-button electric starting make the Zuma 125 super-convenient transportation. Standard center and side stands, along with a locking cover on the ignition switch, make it easy and secure to park, too.
- Roomy, Step-Through Ergonomics: There’s room for two atop this Zuma’s seat, and lots of locking storage beneath it. The step-through floorboards making getting on and off a breeze, too.
- Potent Fuel Injected Engine: Zuma 125’s fuel-injected, 125cc single cylinder, 4-stroke engine pumps out lots of power for its size, using an SOHC 4-valve head with 10:1 compression ratio and ceramic-composite cylinder plating. Fuel injection provides the optimal fuel mixture for the operating condition, including temperature and altitude, and that means easy cold starts, too.
- Electric Starter: Pushbutton electric starting makes the Zuma 125 super-convenient for transportation.
- Modern Reliability: For reliability and easy maintenance, simple wet-sump lubrication is used. Forced air cooling system helps keep engine temperatures under control, even while idling at stoplights, for maximum efficiency and longer engine life.
- Automatic Convenience: Fully automatic, V-belt transmission with centrifugal clutch provides easy, twist-the-throttle-and-go operation with great off-the-line acceleration.
- Ready to Get Dirty: Oiled-paper type air filter helps trap dirt before it gets to your engine, even when riding on unpaved roads. The V-belt housing has its own off-road-style wet-foam air filter for durability.
- Clean-Running Design: Upswept muffler incorporates exhaust catalyst technology to reduce air pollution and meet emission regulations.
- Hardy Steel Frame: Robust steel-tube frame has a step-through design for easy mounting. A two-stage electrostatic painting process provides a durable, corrosion-resistant finish. But despite the beefy frame, the new Zuma 125 is actually a full 7 pounds lighter for 2016!
- Durable Suspension: Telescopic fork features beefy outer tubes for strength, while fork boots help protect the larger 33mm inner tubes from debris. The swingarm features twin rear shocks with a full 3.1 in of travel for riding comfort on the street and unpaved roads, too.
- Generous Fuel Range: Fuel tank holds 1.7 gallons for plenty of cruising range. Fuel tank emission system includes a charcoal canister to control gasoline evaporation and reduce air pollution.
- Heavy-Duty Tires and Wheels: Fat 120/70-12 front and 130/70-12 rear tires have an aggressive looking block pattern for great handling on unpaved roads and on the street. Tires run on lightweight five-spoke die-cast aluminum wheels.
- High Quality Braking: 245mm hydraulic front disc and new 200mm rear disc brakes provide plenty of stopping power, while the wave-type front rotor design adds cutting-edge style.
- Comfortable Ergonomics: A plush and roomy riding position is ready for two, with a new seat design that is over 2 inches narrower between the rider’s legs for even easier flat-footing at stops, and an additional 3.5 inches of leg space in front of the rider’s seat adds more leg room. Meanwhile, the passenger gets secure handholds that blend cleanly into updated body design.
- Aggressive New Headlights and Styling: Two bright halogen headlights light the way, with the new bodywork smoothly wrapping around the aggressive lighting design.
- Plenty of Storage: Now even larger for 2016, the underseat storage compartment’s cavernous 7.7-gallon capacity is roomy enough for a full-face helmet, while a cup holder and fold-out cargo hook on the dash makes it easy to bring it all with you.
- Updated Gauge Package: The Zuma 125’s updated LCD meter match the upgraded and modern sense of style found throughout, and features a fuel gauge as well as a full range of indicator lights.
- Secure and Convenient: Zuma 125 provides both a centerstand and side stand for parking convenience. For extra security when parked, the main switch is equipped with a keyhole lock cover. And the fuel filler is now found just left of the ignition switch for easy refueling.
- Engine Type: 125cc forced air-cooled, 4-stroke SOHC single; 4 valves/cylinder
- Bore x Stroke: 52.4mm x 57.9mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Fuel Delivery: Fuel injection
- Ignition: Digital TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- Transmission: V-Belt automatic
- Suspension / Front: Telescopic forks
- Suspension / Rear: Dual shocks
- Brakes / Front: 245mm disc
- Brakes / Rear: 200mm disc
- Tires / Front: 120/70-12
- Tires / Rear: 130/70-12
- L x W x H: 75.2 in. x 30.1 in. x 44.3 in.
- Seat Height: 30.7 in.
- Wheelbase: 51.4 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 4.9 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 1.7 gal.
- Fuel Economy: 103 mpg
- Wet Weight: 262 lb.
- Warranty: 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke SOHC single; 4 valves/cylinder
- Bore and Stroke
- 52.4mm x 57.9mm
- Forced Air
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Fuel injection
- Digital TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition
- V-Belt automatic
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic forks
- Front Brakes
- 245mm disc
- Front Tire
- Rear Suspension
- Dual shocks
- Rear Brakes
- 200mm disc
- Rear Tire
- 7.7 gal. underseat, cupholder, cargo hook
- Curb Weight
- 262 lb.
- Seat Height
- 30.7 in.
- 51.4 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.7 gal.
- Ultramarine Blue, Radical White
- 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)