Inventory Unit Detail
2019 Yamaha YFZ50
Must be 6 or older to ride.
First‑time Rider, Lifelong Memories
Boasting electric start, automatic transmission, and parental controls, the YFZ50 is perfect for riders 6‑years‑old looking for the perfect entry‑level sport performance ATV.
- Beginner-Friendly Four-Stroke Performance: The YFZ50™ is engineered as the ideal starting point for aspiring ATV riders aged 6 and up, with a low-maintenance 49cc engine tuned to develop responsive, controllable performance. A combination of engine limiters and a power cut-off tether switch make it easy to allow young riders to adapt to the ATV as their skills grow.
- Scaled Down, Not Scaled Back: Single I-arm front suspension is tuned for light, easy steering and comfortable ride quality. The rear swingarm also features a compact single shock for good control and comfort. It also boasts convenient features like a fully automatic CVT transmission and electric start with a back-up kickstart.
- Reduced Maintenance Design: Servicing is simple, too, thanks to features like the tool-less quick-access air filter element.
- Comfortable Chassis: A robust steel frame design incorporates a large 1.5 gallon fuel tank, plush seat and roomy integrated floorboards.
- Yamaha Sport ATV DNA: For sporty looks and handling, YFZ50 uses durable Duro® tires on lightweight wheels, with styling unmistakably inspired by the race-ready YFZ450R™.
- Engine Limiter and Tether Switch: To help young beginners grow into accomplished ATV riders, the YFZ50 includes a two-stage rpm limiter as well as a throttle limiter to restrict the engine's performance and adapt to the rider's advancing skill levels. A tethered switch allows parents to closely monitor new riders and cut power to the engine if necessary as new riders learn the basics of ATV control.
- Robust 49cc Engine: The 49cc four-stroke SOHC engine is tuned to develop excellent low- to-mid-range performance, just where it's needed. The motor is air-cooled for simplicity, performance and long engine life and it uses ultra- reliable wet-sump lubrication.
- Electric Starter: Push-button electric starting comes standard, powered by a reliable sealed battery, and a kick starter is provided for additional peace of mind.
- Automatic Transmission: Fully automatic, continuously variable transmission (CVT) means no shifting. Handy for all riders, it's a feature new riders will particularly appreciate.
- Sporty Drivetrain: Engine power is transferred to the rear wheels via a robust O-ring chain drive, running along a swingarm that's set at an optimized angle for rear shock performance.
- Low Maintenance Design: Servicing is easy, thanks to features like the tool-less quick-access air filter element. The exhaust includes a standard spark arrestor as well.
- Sporty Chassis: Single I-arm front suspension is tuned for light, easy steering and comfortable ride quality. The rear swingarm also features a compact single shock rear suspension for good control and comfort. And the entire package includes awesome YFZ-derived sport ATV styling.
- Comfortable Accommodations: The YFZ50 is designed to be comfortable and accessible for new ATV riders. With its roomy ergonomics, plush seat and wide floorboards, riders 6 and up won't outgrow the machine before they're ready for more displacement when they're older.
- Optimized Tires: Duro® low-profile tires, AT16 x 6.5-7 front and AT16 x 7-7 rear, give YFZ50 aggressive looks and sporty handling.
- Secure Stopping Power: For reliable stopping power, three sealed drum brakes bring the YFZ50 to a secure stop. There's a handlebar-mounted parking brake, too.
- Modern, Reliable Electronics: The CDI system means reliable ignition performance, with a strong, efficient spark, and a sealed, maintenance-free battery gives worry-free service.
- Yamaha Sport ATV DNA: The YFZ50 offers the same sporty looks as the rest of the YFZ family, for exciting sport ATV style.
- Engine Type: 49cc air-cooled SOHC 4-stroke; 2 valves
- Bore x Stroke: 39.0mm x 41.4mm
- Compression Ratio: 8.5:1
- Fuel Delivery: 12mm carburetor
- Ignition: CDI
- Transmission: CVT
- Final Drive: Chain drive
- Starting System: Electric and kick start
- Suspension / Front: Single I-arm; 2.4 in. travel
- Suspension / Rear: Single shock swingarm; 2.0 in. travel
- Brakes / Front: Dual drum
- Brakes / Rear: Drum
- Tires / Front: AT16 x 6.5-7
- Tires / Rear: AT16 x 7-7
- L x W x H: 49.2 in. x 32.3 in. x 30.3 in.
- Seat Height: 23.0 in.
- Wheelbase: 32.7 in.
- Maximum Ground Clearance: 3.5 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 1.5 gal.
- Wet Weight: 220 lb.
- Warranty: 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- SOHC 4-stroke; 2 valves
- Bore x Stroke
- 39.0mm x 41.4mm
- Engine Cooling
- Fuel System
- 12mm carburetor
- Starting System
- Electric and kick start
- Front Travel
- 2.4 in.
- Front Suspension
- Single I-arm
- Front Brake Type
- Dual drum
- Front Tires
- AT16 x 6.5-7
- Rear Travel
- 2.0 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock swingarm
- Rear Brake Type
- Rear Tires
- AT16 x 7-7
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 220 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.5 gal.
- Ground Clearance
- 3.5 in.
- Machine Dimensions (LxWxH)
- 49.2 in. x 32.3 in. x 30.3 in.
- 32.7 in.
- Final Drive
- Chain drive
- Team Yamaha Blue, White
- 6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)